1933: NEW SPORTS ARENA IN ABERDEEN. Greyhound Track at Bridge of Dee. ROOM FOR 5000 SPECTATORS.
A new landmark in the realm of sport in Aberdeen is gradually taking shape near the Bridge of Dee, where for the past four months about fifty Aberdeen workmen have been engaged in the construction of The Stadium greyhound racing track. Within the next month this new arena will be completed, and patrons will be able to enjoy the thrills of greyhound racing under the most comfortable conditions. Over five thousand people will find accommodation in the enclosure, which lies on the farm of Kaimhill, Garthdee Road, in airy and attractive surroundings, near the River Dee.
Electric "Hare". Since December the track has been under construction, and now stands, clubroom, kennels, offices, etc., are assuming their respective forms round the track. With a length of 372 yards, the track will be ideal for 400 and 550-yard races. The dogs will chase an electric "hare" of the latest type, and the course on which they will race has been carefully bottomed on the straights, and banked on the bends to give the best possible conditions. The most commendable feature is the effort that has been made to secure the comfort of the spectators. Even those in the cheapest stand will have a roof above them, while at the other end of the scale a sumptuous clubroom, with an expansive frontage of glass, and a wide, canopied verandah opposite the winning post, will form the architectural attraction of the course. At night the whole course will be flood-lit.
Aberdeen Materials. Aberdeen workmen and Aberdeen materials have been wholly employed in the track, only those specialities such the "hare" itself being imported, while, with the exception of the leading officials, fifteen to twenty Aberdeen men will manage the track as attendants and stewards.
Source : Aberdeen Press and Journal Tuesday April 18th, 1933