Saving layout

One Moment...

Resetting layout

One Moment...

Customise your homepage

Drag each panel to set your preferred order. Click the eye icon to toggle the visibility of the panel. You can reset the layout by clicking the 'Default' button above.
On This Day
Social History
Match Centre / League Table
Players / Managers / HOF
The Aberdeen Collection
Squad (Hidden)
Profile / Dark Blue Dons / Wartime Dons
Results / Pittodrie Stadium
RedTV / Milestones

Aberdeen 6 - 1 Fraserburgh

HT Score: Aberdeen 2 - 1 Fraserburgh

Youth Cup Second Round
North Section
Aberdeen scorers: Orsi 18, Orsi 28, Henry 54, Orsi 59, Youngson 64, Nuttall 89.
Fraserburgh scorers: Mair 40

18/09/2015 | KO: 19:45

Friday night football at Pittodrie saw the Dons safely move into the third round of the Youth Cup. Aberdeen produced a fine second half performance and scored some good goals but at the same time the Fraserburgh youngsters can be very proud of their efforts tonight. Aberdeen this evening lined up with Mutch in goal, a back four of Hynes, Robertson, Culjak and Henry. Thomas was in centre midfield with Ross and Wright either side of him and then Nuttall was up top with Orsi and Norris also playing in forward positions. McKenna, Harvie, Lambert, McLennan and Storie were all unavailable for selection.

The Highland League side to their credit this evening competed well and also deserve great credit for always trying to get the ball down and play football. They started the game well and on 5 minutes Adam Cross fired a shot just over the bar. A minute later Dylan Thomas tried to lob the keeper from 40 yards, the Welsh U19 Internationalist was only just off target with the keeper looking on. Slowly Aberdeen started to get to grips with the game and on 17 minutes Frank Ross won a free kick in a promising area after showing good quick feet. The Scotland U19 Internationalist took it and got the ball up and over the wall which forced Fraserburgh keeper Edward Flinn into a very fine safe. From the resulting corner the initial ball in was half cleared but captain Jamie Henry did really well to get to the by-line, beat his man and then cut the ball to Orsi who cleverly fired in a shot at the near post which found the net and the Dons had the opener. Kalvin's second goal ten minutes later was a thing of beauty. He picked the ball up about 25 yards out and curled a shot into the top hand corner. Then after 35 minutes Scott Wright almost topped that effort. The winger beat about four players as he ran in on goal but with just the keeper to beat he pushed his shot inches wide. It was a real shame as it would have been one of the goals of the season. Scott then did exactly the same thing in the second half after another superb jinking run! On 37 minutes Frank Ross was taken down by Adam Cross in the box after his burst of pace was too much for the Broch player. Orsi had the chance to grab a hat-trick within a 20 minute period but his spot kick was brilliantly saved by Flinn diving low to his left. Then two minutes after that the visitors scored. The Dons failed to deal with a corner and Bruce Mair was well positioned to fire home at the back of the six yard box.

Fraserburgh deserved to only be a goal down at half time for their efforts but the Dons stepped it up a level after the break. On 47 minutes saw a great run by Orsi down the left. His cross was met first time by Joe Nuttall but his shot thumped off the post. A minute later the striker had the ball in the net but his header was harshly ruled out because of a push. On 52 minutes Ross produced a good run but his shot was palmed away by Flinn who was continuing to have a good game in the Fraserburgh goal. On 57 minutes the Dons captain for the evening got a deserved goal. Jamie Henry got the third after a great little move. Jamie played a one two with Orsi and after collecting the return pass Jamie ran in on goal and produced a composed finish. A really well worked goal. On the hour mark Bruce Anderson came on for Frank Ross who had picked up a knock. A few minutes later a fine header from Kalvin Orsi saw the striker complete his hat-trick. He then almost got a fourth but fired his shot just over. That was his last involvement as he was replaced by U17 player Andy Youngson. With one of his first touches of the ball as an U20 player at Pittodrie, Youngson scored. Great play by Nuttall saw him get to the by-line and he delivered a perfectly timed pass to the feet of Youngson who netted from close range. After that right back Darren Hynes was replaced by Seb Ross. It was good to see the U17 boys getting a chance and all of them did well. The pace of the game dipped slightly during the last fifteen minutes although the Dons did still have a few chances. As well as Wright's great run the keeper made a good save from Seb Ross. Goal number six came in the very last minute and it was deserved goal for Joe Nuttall. Scott Wright took a clever quick free kick into the feet of Joe and the former Manchester City striker found the net from close range. His first goal of the season and likely to be the first of many in a red shirt.
Aberdeen Teamsheet
Mutch, Hynes (Ross 77), Henry, Thomas, Culjak, Robertson, Wright, Ross (Anderson 58), Nuttall, Orsi (Youngson 62), Norris.

Unused Subs: Anderson, Craddock.

Bookings:  Thomas (24).
Fraserburgh Teamsheet
Flinn, Hastie, Kemp, Maitland (Burr 74), Mair, Cross, Simpson (Dyka 70), Combe (Stuart 42), McCrory, Reid, Walker. Subs: Smith, Smart

Bookings:  Reid
Attendance: 500
Venue: Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen