Saving layout

One Moment...

Resetting layout

One Moment...

Customise your homepage

Drag each panel to set your preferred order. Click the eye icon to toggle the visibility of the panel. You can reset the layout by clicking the 'Default' button above.
On This Day
Social History
Match Centre / League Table
Players / Managers / HOF
The Aberdeen Collection
Squad (Hidden)
Profile / Dark Blue Dons / Wartime Dons
Results / Pittodrie Stadium
RedTV / Milestones

Rangers 2 - 0 Aberdeen

HT Score: Rangers 1 - 0 Aberdeen

Scottish Alliance League
Rangers scorers: Fleming 35, Stevenson 80

02/12/1933 | KO:

Young Dons Beaten At Ibrox

Rangers A Hold Advantage in Middle Line.

Aberdeen A fell to Rangers A at Ibrox by two goals to nothing. Weak finishing was mainly responsible for their defeat.

Aberdeen A had slightly the better of the opening exchanges, and O'Reilly had hard luck with a terrific free kick. Rangers gradually settled down, and Craig and McAulay had some fine moves, but nothing resulted.
Rangers attacked strongly and Fleming tested Cumming but his shot lacked sting. The young Dons retaliated in fine style, but Jenkins, the Rangers' new Canadian 'keeper, was playing a fine game and gave nothing away.

Missed by Inches.

Fleming put Rangers ahead after thirty-five minutes, beating Cumming with a low drive.
Just on the interval Armstrong made a great effort to equalise for the Dons, but missed by inches, and the half-time whistle went with Rangers a goal to the good.
Rangers resumed in aggressive fashion, but Aberdeen gave as much as they got, and in a hot attack Rangers lost the services of J. Russell, but they managed hold out.
Aberdeen had a spell of attacking, but Rangers gradually assumed the upper hand despite the absence of Russell, and ten minutes from the finish they went further ahead with a clever goal by Stevenson off a pass from Fleming.
Until the end Rangers dominated the play, the power of their half line giving them the advantage.

Source: Press & Journal, 4th December 1933

Rangers Teamsheet
Jenkins; Drysdale, T. Russell; J. Russell, Deans, Boyd; Stevenson, McAulay, Fleming, Craig, Gillick
Venue: Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow
Referee: Mr Walsh, Glasgow