Saving layout

One Moment...

Resetting layout

One Moment...

Customise your homepage

Drag each panel to set your preferred order. Click the eye icon to toggle the visibility of the panel. You can reset the layout by clicking the 'Default' button above.
On This Day
Social History
Match Centre / League Table
Players / Managers / HOF
The Aberdeen Collection
Squad (Hidden)
Profile / Dark Blue Dons / Wartime Dons
Results / Pittodrie Stadium
RedTV / Milestones

Aberdeen 8 - 2 Falkirk

HT Score: Aberdeen 3 - 0 Falkirk

Div 1 (Old)
Aberdeen scorers: Moore 10, Moore 12, Love 40, Moore 56, Moore, Falloon, Moore, Moore.
Falkirk scorers: Gall 47, Thompson 48

14/09/1932 | KO: 18:30


Falkirk were outplayed at Aberdeen, the home side giving one of their brightest displays of the season before 10,000 spectators. A feature of the game was the scoring of six goals by Moore. After ten minutes' play Moore opened the scoring, and he added a second shortly afterwards from a corner; while before the interval the centre gave a nice pass to Love who netted. Falkirk rallied and scored two goals within three minutes of the resumption. Gall and Thomson being the marksmen. Aberdeen recovered, however, and Moore scored four more goals, while Falloon also netted.

Source: Edinburgh Evening News, 15th September 1932

Home Centre Claims Six on Own Account.

Aberdeen ran riot against Falkirk in a Scottish League game at Pittodrie last night, when they rattled in eight goals against two by their opponents. The feature of the match was the feat of Moore, the Pittodrie centre, who was responsible for no fewer than six of his side's eight goals. Ten thousand spectators cheered the Irishman to the echo, and he deserved it, for every one of his goals was a smartly taken effort.

The score does not flatter the Dons, who were very much superior to the opposition. The homesters led 3-0 at the interval, but three minutes after the resumption Falkirk were only one goal behind.
Aberdeen were rattled for a time, but settled down to methodical game and overwhelmed their opponents.
Aberdeen were early on the offensive. A fine pass by Moore to Love nearly gave Aberdeen the lead, but the centre just failed to fasten on to the return pass. Beattie, however, gained possession further out, and the ball sailed narrowly over the bar.
At the other end Morgan had hard luck when Smith palmed his shot round for a corner.
With ten minutes gone Aberdeen took the lead. Clever work by Mooney left McLean in possession, and Moore ran forward to guide the winger's cross into the net.
In the next minute Thomson kicked out a good try by Mills.
The Dons were easily the superior side. Clever play by Beattie and Love saw Thomson save at the expense of a corner from the winger.

Second Counter.

From Love's perfectly-placed flag kick Moore nodded home a second goal. Twelve minutes of the game had gone.
The homesters monopolised the attack, and Beattie had a drive for goal, but Moore got in the way.
Falkirk came into the picture, and a free kick taken by Batchelor hit the upright. Thomson dribbled past Mooney and shot hard for goal. Smith just managed tip the ball on to the crossbar, and when it rebounded into play Cooper cleared.
At the other end McLean fastened on to a Love cross to send in a low drive which Thomson saved in fine style. Then McLean went clean through the visitors' defence, but shot over.
Play swung towards the home goal, where McGill was forced to give away a corner, but Smith cleared without difficulty.
Forty minutes had gone when McLean started a nice movement which resulted in Love running in to beat Thomson all the way.
Half-time arrived with the score Aberdeen, 3; Falkirk, 0.

Second Half.,/p> Two minutes after the resumption Gall finished a great run by finding the net. Smith got his hand to the ball, but could not stay its progress.
From the re-centre the visitors made for the Aberdeen goal again and Thompson nodded home a cross from Gall to leave the Falkirk deficit to one.

These goals acted like a tonic on the visitors, and the Aberdeen defence was kept busy for a time.
They weathered the storm, however, and forced play to the other end. Eleven minutes after the restart Aberdeen increased their advantage. From a free kick taken by Cooper, Beattie slipped to Moore who ran in to place the ball well out of the 'keeper's reach. This was the centre's hat-trick.

A Great Goal.

Falkirk improved greatly during this half, but Love dashed away on the right and let go a terrific shot, which Moore just tipped with his head to flash the ball into the net. A great goal.
Moore got fifth goal immediately after. Love broke away on the right and centred for the nippy Irishman to cut in and shoot into the net.
More goals followed quickly. Falloon let go from thirty-five yards' range to find the net. Then Moore got through between the backs to score a very smart goal. The Dons kept up the pressure to the end.

Source: Press & Journal, 15th September 1932

Falkirk Teamsheet
Thomson; Richardson, Hamill; Batchelor, Low, Murray; Dougall, Thompson, Morgan, Hutchison, Gall
Attendance: 10,500
Venue: Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen
Referee: T. Small, Dundee
Next Match
East Kilbride
20 Jul 2024 / 15:00 / K-Park Training Academy, East Kilbride