Saving layout

One Moment...

Resetting layout

One Moment...

Customise your homepage

Drag each panel to set your preferred order. Click the eye icon to toggle the visibility of the panel. You can reset the layout by clicking the 'Default' button above.
On This Day
Social History
Match Centre / League Table
Players / Managers / HOF
The Aberdeen Collection
Squad (Hidden)
Profile / Dark Blue Dons / Wartime Dons
Results / Pittodrie Stadium
RedTV / Milestones

Aberdeen 4 - 0 Falkirk

HT Score: Aberdeen 1 - 0 Falkirk

Scottish Premier Reserve League
Aberdeen scorers: Dangana 8, McLennan 53, Anderson 84, Ross 90.

27/08/2018 | KO: 14:00

Aberdeen welcomed Falkirk to Glebe Park on matchday two of the Reserve League season. Paul Sheerin's team were looking to build on last week's narrow victory in Dingwall while the Bairns were aiming for an improved performance after last week's defeat to Morton.
The Aberdeen side showed just the one change from the eleven who started against Ross County, David Dangana replacing Ryan Harrington which meant a switch to right back for Miko Virtanen. Former Don Robbie Mutch was in goal for Falkirk who named only three subs for the game.

The Dons almost opened the scoring in the opening twenty seconds. A long ball from Miko Virtanen sent Bruce Anderson sprinting into the area and it took an excellent save from Robbie Mutch to deny the striker.
Falkirk responded with a good break down the right, but Sam Roscoe bravely blocked the attempted shot from Dunne. The same player then forced a save from David Craddock as he cut in from the right-hand side.
Aberdeen took the lead in the 8th minute when Connor McLennan fired in a shot which Mutch fumbled into the path of David Dangana who turned the rebound into the net.
It was nearly two just a couple of minutes later when Dangana fed Anderson in the inside left position. After beating his man, Bruce fired in a powerful shot but Mutch spread himself well to block the effort. The home side had started very brightly and the twin strike force of Anderson and Dangana looked a real threat every time they broke forward.
Bairns skipper Kidd tried his luck from distance after a good ball from Robson, but the shot flew high and wide.
A fine cross from Jack MacKenzie almost picked out Anderson at the far post on 26 minutes but a timely interception from full-back Robson diverted the ball to safety.
A minute later the Bairns almost drew level. Lewis Kidd fired a dipping free-kick in from 25 yards and Craddock dived to his right to tip the ball on to the post and away from the danger area.
The let-off spurred the Dons into action and Mutch was forced into a solid save to stop McLennan from scoring after a powerful run from the Aberdeen wide man.
Falkirk roared back to the other end and the Dons goal led a charmed life as Munro headed off the bar then Craddock gratefully grabbed the rebound. Antoniazzi then forced a fine block from Mutch before saving well from a Roscoe header. Quite how we had only seen one goal in this game so far was bewildering!
The Dons were guilty of giving away free kicks in dangerous areas, but the visitors were unable to take advantage of some very promising situations. Falkirk centre back Munro was booked following a clumsy foul on Anderson five minutes from the break. McLennan had another effort on goal as the half drew to a close, but he dragged the effort wide.
An entertaining first half with plenty of chances for both sides but the Dons had the only goal to take a narrow lead.

Half time Aberdeen Reserves 1 Falkirk Reserves 0

Falkirk introduced Laverty in place of Greenwood for the second half while Aberdeen were unchanged. Virtanen was the first t have a shot in the second half, but his left-footed effort wasn't a problem for Mutch.
Seven minutes into the second period it was 2-0 to Aberdeen. Patient build-up involving Anderson and Campbell saw the ball shuttled to Connor McLennan who jinked inside two defenders before firing a terrific shot into the keeper's top left corner. A goal of real quality.
Bruce Anderson nearly made it three on 56 minutes, heading Antoniazzi's corner just wide. On 62 minutes Falkirk's Harris was booked for simulation.
Aberdeen were starting to really take control of the game in midfield and Falkirk introduced Moore in place of Mitchell as they tried to stem the tide.
A brilliant Robbie Mutch save denied Anderson a goal on 71 minutes after a fine cut-back from McLennan. Sean Linden replaced Chris Antoniazzi in the 73rd minute as Paul Sheerin introduced fresh legs into his attack.
McLennan and Falkirk sub Moore both picked up yellow cards in separate incidents as the match moved into its final quarter of an hour. A fine run from Dangana ended with the striker lifting a shot just over the bar as Aberdeen pressed for a third goal.
Mutch was the saviour again for Falkirk on 80 minutes, saving brilliantly from Dangana before youngsters Danny Strachan and Kieran Shanks came on to replace Dangana and Brown.
On 83 minutes Bruce Anderson got the goal he deserved. McLennan dinked a lovely ball into the path of Shanks and the sub squared for the onrushing Anderson to slam the ball past a helpless Mutch in the Bairns goal. That goal made it three from three for Bruce for the Reserves this season.
Mackin had a shot at goal following a free kick but Craddock was well positioned to save. Ethan Ross replaced McLennan for the final three minutes of the match and was immediately into the action winning a corner.
On 90 minutes a sublime Dean Campbell through ball sent Ethan Ross clear and the youngster showed great composure as he raced in to slip the ball past Mutch to make it 4-0.

In the end a comprehensive victory for the Dons after a much improved second half showing.
Aberdeen Teamsheet
Craddock, Virtanen, MacKenzie, Campbell, McGregor, Roscoe, McLennan (Ross 87), Brown (Strachan 82), Dangana (Shanks 82), Anderson, Antoniazzi (Linden 73).

Unused Subs: Robertson, Mykyta, Leiper.

Bookings:  McLennan (74).
Falkirk Teamsheet
Mutch, Mitchell, Robson, Trialist (Willox), Munro, Kidd ©, Greenwood (Laverty 45), Jarvis, Mackin, Harris, Dunne

Bookings:  Munro 40,   Harris 62,   Moore 75
Venue: Glebe Park, Brechin
Referee: Chris Fordyce