Saving layout

One Moment...

Resetting layout

One Moment...

Customise your homepage

Drag each panel to set your preferred order. Click the eye icon to toggle the visibility of the panel. You can reset the layout by clicking the 'Default' button above.
On This Day
Social History
Match Centre / League Table
Players / Managers / HOF
The Aberdeen Collection
Squad (Hidden)
Profile / Dark Blue Dons / Wartime Dons
Results / Pittodrie Stadium
RedTV / Milestones

Aberdeen 0 - 0 Hibernian

HT Score: Aberdeen 0 - 0 Hibernian

Scottish Premiership

13/05/2023 | KO: 15:00

An out of sorts Aberdeen were grateful for Kelle Roos' second half penalty save as they had to graft their way to a goalless draw against Hibs at a nervous Pittodrie.

Following defeat at Ibrox last weekend, Barry Robson named an unchanged starting XI and bench for the visit of Hibernian.
After beating St Mirren 2-1 at Easter Road last Saturday, Hibs made just one change, Josh Campbell replacing the injured Jake Doyle-Hayes.
The game started with Liam Scales picking up a yellow card in the first minute, Scales forced to stretch into a challenge some 40 yards out as Hibs made a sharp start, penning the Dons into their own half in the opening few minutes.
Kelle Roos was called into action in the sixth minute, Nisbet poking at goal from eight yards out, Roos down smartly to smother. Newell headed wide at the back post four minutes later as Aberdeen struggled to get into the game.
Hibs' dominance continued in the 12th minute, Youan running onto a pass at inside-left, his fierce low shot saved by Roos at the near post. Aberdeen responded a minute later, Bojan Miovski heading wide from a Jonny Hayes cross.
Better from the Dons on 23, Ylber Ramadani intercepting a cross in his own box, driving forward before finding Ryan Duncan who won a corner. From the flag kick though, Hibs were quick on the break. Youan was away down the left and picked out Nisbet in the six yard box, Roos making a fine reflex save to keep the scores level as Hibs continued to well be on top. Newell was the first Hibs player in the book on 38 minutes for a lunge on Hayden Coulson.
From Aberdeen's free-kick in from there, Hibs cleared and the Dons went to sleep on a Hibs throw from there as they brought the ball out, Nisbet arcing a shot just wide of goal as the visitors continued to stay in command.
Yet it was Aberdeen who almost had the last laugh in the 45th minute. Clarkson rolled a corner to Hayes on the edge of the box, the skipper quickly giving it him back. Clarkson played in a cross that was cushioned by Duncan, Coulson swiping a shot just over the bar, the last action of an underwhelming first half.


After skipper Jonny Hayes fixed a hole in the net at the Beach End, the game finally restarted in bright sunshine, the first half breeze having dropped.
Bojan Miovski won the ball on halfway in the 47th minute, sending Duncan away on the chase, his shot from distance deflected wide. Hibs responded three minutes later, Youan wriggling into space a dozen yards out before hammering a shot against the foot of the post.
Moments later, Campbell was well off the ground as he chased a bouncing ball, his foot catching Scales' face. After a VAR check Campbell was shown a yellow card.
Hibs missed another golden opportunity on 57 minutes, Campbell slicing wide after Cadden crossed, Fish having been allowed to chase forward over 40 yards to start the move. Dilan Markanday came on to join the fray a minute later, replacing Duncan. Hibs responded, with Campbell making way for Henderson on the hour.
Youan was in again on 67 minutes after Ramadani was dispossessed, Angus MacDonald having to make a vital block. The ball then ran loose to Newell who pulled his effort wide of goal. MacDonald required extensive treatment in the aftermath, but as play resumed with him off the field, Duk pulled up on a run forward with what looked like a hamstring strain. Shayden Morris came on to replace him immediately, MacDonald returning to the pitch at the same time. Hibs brought on McKirdy for Cadden moments later.
Youan was the danger again on 76 minutes, this time at inside-right, a low angled drive saved by Roos, MacDonald following in to tidy up. From the corner, Youan's flicked header struck the bar, McKirdy following up on the rebound and smacking his shot against the post. VAR then checked for handball, the ball having flicked off Coulson's elbow as he turned his back to the McKirdy shot. A penalty was given and Coulson was booked. Nisbet drilled it down the middle, Roos saving with his legs as he went to his left. A massive moment in the game, and maybe the season.
Marley Watkins and Jayden Richardson replaced Coulson and Miovski on 82 minute. McKirdy was yellow carded for a rugby tackle on Markanday on 88, Egan-Riley booked for kicking the ball away in the aftermath. Another booking followed in the 93rd minute, Jeggo hauling Watkins down as he was heading goalwards.
Watkins did well to win the ball on halfway on the 95th minute before feeding Ramadani but his deflected shot was comfortable for Marshall who made perhaps his first save of the afternoon.
1 minute added at end of 1st half
7 minutes added at end of 2nd half
Aberdeen Teamsheet
Roos, Scales, Miovski (Watkins 82), Lopes (Morris 72), Ramadani, Hayes, Pollock, Clarkson, Coulson (Richardson 82), Duncan (Markanday 58), MacDonald.

Unused Subs: Lewis, MacKenzie, Barron, Kennedy, Bavidge.

Bookings:  Scales (2),  Coulson (78).
Hibernian Teamsheet
Marshall, Egan-Riley, Fish, Hanlon, Stevenson, Jeggo, Cadden (McKirdy 73), Campbell (Henderson 60), Newell, Youan, Nisbet

Unused Substitutes: Johnson, Miller, Cabraja, Hoppe, Devlin, Bushiri, Delferriere

Bookings:  Newell 39,   Campbell 52,   McKirdy 88,   Egan-Riley 88,   Jeggo 94
Attendance: 18,620
Venue: Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen
Referee: Nick Walsh
Next Match
East Kilbride
20 Jul 2024 / 15:00 / K-Park Training Academy, East Kilbride